Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[HowTo] OpenRC as PID1 (init)

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
None1975
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

Re: [HowTo] OpenRC as PID1 (init)

#16 Post by None1975 »

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:If you used that package (and the systemd-shim) then sysvinit was being used as init with OpenRC providing the process supervision and this is *not* what my guide is suggesting (nor is it recommended by me, what a hideous Frankenstein's Monster such a creation would be).
After hell It's my fault. Forgive me for lying. Apparently, the reason for my failure was that I walked on a lighter path and did not use the instructions you provided. When I have the opportunity, I will do everything according to the instructions given by you. I will post the results and observations in near future here.
Head_on_a_Stick wrote:I was not speaking of perceptible benefits to the user experience but rather of the advantages inherent to a smaller code base: fewer lines of code = fewer bugs.
Now i understood. Sorry for misunderstanding.
Debian Wiki | DontBreakDebian, My config files on github

Scorpion

#17 Post by Scorpion »

Is this guide still fine now (Debian 11)?

Bulkley

#18 Post by Bulkley »

Scorpion wrote: 2022-02-10 20:49 Is this guide still fine now (Debian 11)?
I suggest you try it in a VM. I've done it but do not want to risk it on my daily driver.

Also, you might try Antix and MX Linux to see how they did it.