Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] WIFI connection problem after update of OpenSSL

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
enrico.caruso

[Solved] WIFI connection problem after update of OpenSSL

#1 Post by enrico.caruso »

I have a Debian Testing running on my Laptop and after the update of OpenSSL, I can't connect to a Wi-Fi network using WPA2 Enterprise with PEAP (MSCHAPv2).
In the output of

Code: Select all

journalctl -xe
there are the following lines:

nov 14 17:03:11 nautilus wpa_supplicant[1022]: SSL: SSL3 alert: write (local SSL3 detected an error):fatal:protocol version
nov 14 17:03:11 nautilus wpa_supplicant[1022]: OpenSSL: openssl_handshake - SSL_connect error:1425F102:SSL routines:ssl_choose_client_version:unsupported protocol
nov 14 17:03:11 nautilus wpa_supplicant[1022]: wlp9s0: CTRL-EVENT-EAP-FAILURE EAP authentication failed
I solved this annoying problem following the steps reported here https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... nsupported, in particular changing the last 2 lines of /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf:

MinProtocol = TLSv1.2
CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=2
with these ones:

MinProtocol = TLSv1.0
CipherString = DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=1
I hope that this post can be helpful for the community.
Cheers,
Enrico