Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing Adobe Flash

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
plugwash

#16 Post by plugwash »

rickh wrote: I assume that it will be in Lenny in a week or so.
Seems highly unlikely to me, flashplugin-nonfree was kicked from lenny due to the instability of adobe's download URLs. Even if it wasn't for that issue the chances of a major new upstream version of anything making it into lenny at this point is extremely low.

It may make it into lenny-backports or lenny-volatile at some point though.

yonnie

#17 Post by yonnie »

My previous post in this thread was in error, sorry. According to my package manager I don't have gnash installed. So the hugemongous play button is not being generated by gnash. According to the IceApe installed plugins, I have flashplayer and futuresplash installed.

So does anybody have a clue as to what is generating the big pathetic play button?
Penguin Herder

qpieus

#18 Post by qpieus »

yonnie wrote:So does anybody have a clue as to what is generating the big pathetic play button?
yonnie - I just came across this article:
http://www.deviceguru.com/adding-real-f ... ian-lenny/

Near the end of the article the author talks about a large play button:
"Incidentally, on my installation, the default flash plugin that came with Lenny (flash-mozilla.so) required me to click a large play button..."

Maybe the info can be of help to you...