Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Alternative Performance Kernel for Debian

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
TheExplorer

Re: Alternative Performance Kernel for Debian

#181 Post by TheExplorer »

JanPenguin wrote:I have two applications that requries kernel module build: OSS4, Virtualbox-ose.
Why don't you use DKMS? It will rebuild these modules for you upon any kernel upgrade. At least, VBox will be rebuilt OK. I dunno what's with OSS4.
I applied the userspace script and the system runs great.
Yes, it works. I assume you have recompiled the kernel in order to turn the grouping feature on.
Money is the evil of all root. Be free. Use Linux.

dan3

#182 Post by dan3 »

Hi, I'm trying to install liquorix on Ubuntu Lucid. Problem is linux-headers-*liquorix* depends on gcc-4.5. Why is this the case? I see most linux-headers packages (on Ubuntu at least) depend only on coreutils | fileutils and libc6.

Hm... Is this the right place to ask questions about liquorix? I see no comments for a few months...

vrkalak

#183 Post by vrkalak »

dan3 wrote:Hi, I'm trying to install liquorix on Ubuntu Lucid.
Hmmm... Is this the right place to ask questions about liquorix?
This is Debian ... while Ubuntu is 'loosely' based on Debian-unstable branch ... Ubuntu has changed everything so much, that they are no longer compatible nor interchangeable.

Personally, you'd probably get more response in the Liquorix Forums > http://techpatterns.com/forums/forum-34.html