Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

How to install the "real" Firefox on Debian Squeeze

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
llivv

Re: How to install the "real" Firefox on Debian Squeeze

#46 Post by llivv »

take a look under the hood ?
In memory of Ian Ashley Murdock (1973 - 2015) founder of the Debian project.

bohu

#47 Post by bohu »

I get Firefox and flash from LinuxMint's debian repo. It works fine in Debian Testing (don't know about Debian Stable).

deb http://packages.linuxmint.com/ debian main upstream import

the first package you'll need to install is linuxmint-keyring

as a side note: It occurred to me the other day that flash is (I think) the only proprietary software on my computer. It's amazing how far we've come in the last 10 years.
---------- NRA certified pistol instructor, linux advocate, bookworm, pitbull enthusiast ----------

Linadian

#48 Post by Linadian »

I don't see what the big deal is, Iceweasel works just fine for me, Firefox is getting fairly bloated anyway and I don't like anybody else choosing my default search engines, etc, for me. If it's because Iceweasel is ugly on some systems, try installing the GUI crossover packages to make it look the same as the rest of your GUI, in Synaptic search gtk or qt, you will see all kinds of GUI helper bins/libs, worked for me, I prefer KDE, running kde-standard on top of a bare bones Debian 7.3, my Iceweasel looks pretty and works fantastic, sometimes newer isn't always better. Just my $0.02

Speaking of search engines, I wish somebody would remove Google from Iceweasel, they are the biggest digital underwear sniffing offenders, I use DuckDuckGo and Startpage, yeah, I know Startpage uses Google as an engine but at least they don't record your traffic or IP.
Linux Registered User 533946