Install Debian KFreeBSD from grub with ISO

Share your own howto's etc. Not for support questions!

Install Debian KFreeBSD from grub with ISO

Postby jk121960 » 2011-11-05 16:57

Hi, This is grub2 only, I wanted to put this up because I was unable to install Debian KFreeBSD and wanted to check it out, I couldn't get the DVD to work as it was USB based. I tried all the solutions on the site and failed but I googled and came up with this. I put the ISO in an ext4 partition root, I then added the below entry to grub, I actually got the basis of this from some guys on the FreeBSD forums, I added the root loop references and it works, Enjoy anyone who is experiencing the same problem.

menuentry "Debian BSD 1" {
echo "Loading ..."
set isofile=(hd0,7)/debian-6.0.3-kfreebsd-amd64-CD-1.iso
loopback loop $isofile
set root=(loop)
kfreebsd (loop)/boot/kernel/kfreebsd.gz
kfreebsd_module (loop)/boot/mfsroot.gz type=mfs_root
set kFreeBSD.vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/md0
}

--jerry
jk121960

Re: Install Debian KFreeBSD from grub with ISO

Postby Arcanomus » 2014-02-14 10:49

Hello Jerry!

I know this thread has much time being published but to date I encounter the same problem ...

I am interested in installing Debian kFreeBSD on a partition of my computer, which has no CD / DVD-ROM and wireless network card is not detected by the kernel of FreeBSD (BCM4318), so I downloaded the ISO image of the DVD installation and tried to add the entry to my GRUB2.

The installation program starts but within it, I get the error that the CD-ROM is not detected and therefore not listed the steps for the installation.

Do you have any idea how to do with the ISO-DVD of Debian GNU/kFreeBSD?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings!

PD: Sorry for my bad Google Translate English.
"Sometimes when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back into you." Friedrich Nietzsche.
Arcanomus

Return to Docs, Howtos, Tips & Tricks