Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

A way of setting up MSP430 toolchain in Debian

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
indiansandip

A way of setting up MSP430 toolchain in Debian

#1 Post by indiansandip »

Hi all,
This is my first post in Debian forum. I have tried to setup MSP430 toolchain in Debian Squeeze several times. But I have failed to compile msp430-gcc. There are posts in debian forum regarding that. But I have got confused how to proceed. Suddenly the story of wine came into my mind. By using wine I have successfully set up the toolchain. Below is the description ---

1) Install wine from debian repository. It should be a layman's job using synaptic package manager.
2) Now go to http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages.html and download the following --
i) CoreUtils setup
ii) Make setup
3) Now google search and download msvcp60.dll. It is free.
4) Copy the msvcp60.dll to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
5) Double click coreutils-5.3.0.exe and install it under C:\. If double click does not work, issue the command from terminal
"wine coreutils-5.3.0.exe".
6) In the same way install make-3.81.exe.
7) In the run dialog (Alt+F2 in gnome) or in a terminal issue the command -- "wine regedit".
8) A registry editor just like that of MS-WINDOWS will come up.
9) In the registry editor go to --
HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE-->System-->CurrentControlSet-->Control-->Session Manager-->Environment
10) In the right hand pane double click on PATH. Now append the values to the PATH environment to point to C:\GnuWin32\bin
and close the regedit program.
11) Now download the precompiled zip archive of MSPGCC for windows from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mspgcc/ ... s/mingw32/
12) Extract it, rename the parent directory simply to MSPGCC. Copy it to ~/.wine/drive_c. You can also keep the original
name. Actually you have to edit the PATH variable to point to the bin directory as is done from step 7 to 10. It should be
C:\mspgcc\bin
13) Now download and install mspdebug from source. It does not have any problem.

IT's DONE --------------------- :lol: :lol: :lol:

14) Now to make the project of mspgcc you have to run make with wine --
$wine make
$wine make clean

See the screenshot below --

I have written the post assuming readers are having enough knowledge and will understand quickly. If anyone face any problem or want any more screenshots then I will try my best to assist them.
:wink: :wink: :wink: