Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

GPG Evolution and Seahorse Tip for complete removal...

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
linuxden

GPG Evolution and Seahorse Tip for complete removal...

#1 Post by linuxden »

Hi all,

1st this is probably not the most important of Tutorials or how to's or tips...

BUT,

The problem I am going to give a solution to, bugged me for about 2 days stopped me from sleeping untill I figured it out.. LMAO

The problem:

After about a year of toying with GnuPG, I finaly decided to install a GUI for it... to see what i was missing... I decide to go for Seahorse which for me seemed the best choice (very well integrated with gnome BLA BLA BLA)

How wrong was I?? I decide after about 20 minutes that I wasn't missing much so:

Code: Select all

# apt-get remove seahorse 
Then I try as a test to send an email with evolution of course signed with my spanking brand new gpg key...(stupid me forgot to make a revoke key for my previous one and forgot the password...)

Big Problems!!!

Every time I try and send a message in evolution I get and error informing me that evolution cant connect to /gnome2/.seahorsesomethingrather...

I just removed the bloody program why is evoution trying to invoke it??

And then the problem solving skills kick-in... 1 day goes by while i work on other things take care of my son bla bla bla... 1 night goes by and still I cannot figure it out...(The sleepless night was because of Baby not Gnupg...)lol

But then Eureka this morning I go and look in the gpg.conf files and comment out (adding a # ) "use agent" line towards the end of file...

Edit: Oops, I forgot to say that you needed to delete the line saying :
gpg-agent-info /home/your-Username/.gnome2/seahorse-77yFN0/S.gpg-agent:6942:

and voila finished with the horrid error messages...!!

Hope I havent borred you too much !! And also that perhaps you can get some help out of this Tutorial If you encounter this error... ( and want to avoid a slepless night... lol)

Tom