Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Offline install get .deb from main site

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Chrisdb

[SOLVED] Offline install get .deb from main site

#1 Post by Chrisdb »

Hi,

I just installed Debian, but I only have access to wireless and my broadcom requires non free packages so it is not installed at the moment.

My question is how do I download .deb files from the main Debian site? I can only find .dsc or tar versions here:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/broadcom-sta-dkms

Thx
Last edited by Chrisdb on 2018-07-21 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

4D696B65
Site admin
Site admin

Re: Offline install

#2 Post by 4D696B65 »

Chrisdb

Re: Offline install

#3 Post by Chrisdb »

stevepusser

Re: [SOLVED] Offline install get .deb from main site

#4 Post by stevepusser »

If you're talking about trying to build the broadcom-sta driver from source for your system, that will require installing many more packages than you have...no problem if you have a Net connection, but a lot of work otherwise. However, here's a deb of the 64-bit driver built for the current 4.9 Stretch kernel--you just need to install it and a deb of broadcom-sta-common from packages.debian.org, reboot or manually load the "wl" driver, and you should be ready to go.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cIpOz ... pf52mgs1ZR

You should also check your /etc/apt/sources.list file to make sure the normal Debian repos are not commented out, which will happen if you install without a Net connection.
MX Linux packager and developer