Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

PowerPC Installation Error

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
ocoriwbh

PowerPC Installation Error

#1 Post by ocoriwbh »

I was installing 7.4.0 onto a 1TB drive which already had a previous version of Debian installed.

I went through the normal process, used Encrypted with LVM and it went about formatting. Twice now I have done this. Since I am not always able to be around the system and it takes 3 - 4 days to format the drive during this time I am not seeing exactly what is happening. All I know is when I finally see it the system is completely powered off, when I try to boot it I get "Loading Kernal" then a long file path and then No Such File or Directory, the last bit is /boot/vmlinux.

I am relatively new to Linux and thus have no clue what to do or how to proceed. As I said I have started from scratch twice now with the same result. I cannot get it to boot or continue installation at this time. I did not see any "known issues" similar to this on the pages, and a Google search turned up nothing.

I should also mention this is a G5 PowerPC.

What can I do?