Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

will not boot error!

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
thelordofthechip

will not boot error!

#1 Post by thelordofthechip »

I have installed and reinstalled ebian several times because it wasn't working correctly with windows. Now I install Windows XP Home and Debain. WHen I boot frmom the menu, i get a error saying , "grep: /proc/version: No such file or directory info: Switching Console charset mapping to C /usr/sbin/base-config: line 25: /var/log/base-config.timings: No such file or directory INIT: ID "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 min". What is that?Do I have to reinstall it again? :(

dawgie

Re: will not boot error!

#2 Post by dawgie »

thelordofthechip wrote: respawning too fast: disabled for 5 min". What is that?Do I have to reinstall it again? :(
I have gotten this error from having a non-functioning getty.
From the error messages, it looks like your install was not complete. Try one of the live CDs (Knoppix, etc.) Once you have a Debian system installed, you can configure anything you want.

-Bob