Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Packages held back because of dependecies

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
ConquerOfDreams

Packages held back because of dependecies

#1 Post by ConquerOfDreams »

Epilogue to my scm problem, I got rid of the partially installed package by removing the script files in /var/lib/dpkg/info (thanks to reinob for the suggestion) the pre and post install scripts and running the commands, apt-get update and apt-get upgrade but now I'm wanting to run pspsdk. The only problem is I get this error message

Code: Select all

he following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libgmp3-dev : Depends: libgmp-dev (= 2:5.0.5+dfsg-2) but it is not going to be installed
 libncurses5-dev : Depends: libtinfo5 (= 5.9-10) but 5.9+20140118-1 is to be installed
                   Depends: libncurses5 (= 5.9-10) but 5.9+20140118-1 is to be installed
                   Depends: libtinfo-dev (= 5.9-10) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: ncurses-bin (= 5.9-10) but 5.9+20140118-1 is to be installed
 libreadline-dev : Depends: libreadline6-dev (= 6.2+dfsg-0.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Do I need to change something in my configuration file or did the downgrade process screw something up ? :/

dilberts_left_nut
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Packages held back because of dependecies

#2 Post by dilberts_left_nut »

This is what happens when you mix and match repo's.

The libgmp3-dev that you are trying to install is requiring wheezy versions of it's dependencies, but apt is reporting the Jessie versions as the only ones installable...
AdrianTM wrote:There's no hacker in my grandma...