Debian on a G3 Blue and White Mac PPC install problem

Help with issues regarding installation of Debian

Debian on a G3 Blue and White Mac PPC install problem

Postby AuroraDizon » 2014-10-28 11:14

So I am trying to install Debian onto a G3 Blue and White Mac. I rewrote over the entire drive, and the install hung at 39% so I restarted the computer to restart the instillation process. However now it won't boot to anything. I hear a chime when it starts as usual but nothing is on the screen. No key combination (like holding c, or others) have produced anything. I have no idea what to do now. I am trying to maybe approach it as if it was a new hard drive. I have no idea I think I rewrote over a partition that has the mac key combinations work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Aurora
AuroraDizon

Re: Debian on a G3 Blue and White Mac PPC install problem

Postby AuroraDizon » 2014-10-28 20:16

Thank you for your reply. I will give that a shot and let you know how it goes. Thank you. However my greatest problem is that I can not get any cd rom to boot. Just a blank screen after the chime no matter what buttons I push.
AuroraDizon

Postby AuroraDizon » 2014-10-29 05:28

Thank you for your response. I have since lost the cd that came with the computer. :/ I will look into that. Thank you for taking time to respond and the advice that was given.
AuroraDizon

Postby AuroraDizon » 2014-11-01 07:12

I figured it out and reset the pram 3 times to get it to boot from a cd! It's a rev one too. For anyone who might be having the same problem I posted the links here: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple- ... te-g3.html

Thanks to anyone who tried to help :D
AuroraDizon

Return to Installation