Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

hypernate problem!

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
neom315

hypernate problem!

#1 Post by neom315 »

hey people,

i have a probelm once i leave my laptop there for a while the monitor turned off and there is no way for me to turn it back on, so i need to restart the machine what can i do to fix that problem?

Thank you for the help

Ardouos

Re: hypernate problem!

#2 Post by Ardouos »

neom315 wrote:hey people,

i have a probelm once i leave my laptop there for a while the monitor turned off and there is no way for me to turn it back on, so i need to restart the machine what can i do to fix that problem?

Thank you for the help
Well first off tell us more detail about the problem. "the monitor turned off"?

How long does it take to hibernate, do you press anything to try and kick the laptop back into life?
Did it work properly before?
What desktop environment are you using?
Did you look or change any of the settings?
What version of Debian are you using?
Can you post your kernel and sources.list?
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

reinob

#3 Post by reinob »

debianxfce wrote:Hibernation is not working in my Jessie installation. Suspend seems to work better. Hibernation did not work in windows either when i was windows user.
No crap. Your oh-so-wonderful "jessie b2 32-bit" installation that you advertise like 100 times per day cannot f*cking hibernate? Booh!

Sorry. I just had to do this. Won't happen again :)

reinob

#4 Post by reinob »

debianxfce wrote:Read this thread objectivily. Reinob and Ardous do not give clear solution. I did, by saying that suspend works.
Actually the only helpful answer came from Ardous. We don't know what the problem is (yet). It may actually have nothing to do with hibernate or suspend. Maybe it's just DPMS turning the monitor off.

Re. XFCE - I like and use XFCE. What I find disturbing and trollish is that whatever people ask or need, you recommend a new installation. This is not what most people expect (plus the zero learn effect), and in some cases it is completely irrelevant (like the guy wanting to install Linux on a primitive computer and you tell him to install Jessie beta 32-bit on his *other computer* where he runs Windows).

For all I care I'll put you on my killfile so I won't be tempted to jump on your (mostly, but not always) absurd and useless replies. We're not helping anyone like that. I wish you all the best.

@neom315,

Can you explain the problem more in detail? (if at all possible).