Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

PXE BOOT Installation, Preseed-b.cfg file

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
ssindhe

PXE BOOT Installation, Preseed-b.cfg file

#1 Post by ssindhe »

Hi

I have installed Debian on my new virtual machine using preseed file which is a preconfig file for installation, automating installation. In this file I have assigned disk space on /boot-200MB, /Swap-4GB and /Root-40GB. My disk space right now is 1TB, only for this case.

I have seen in the debian documentation that /root takes rest of disk space irrespective of what we assign it, is it true?

Can I use this same configuration on a 4TB disk space with /boot-200MB, /Swap-4GB and the rest will be occupied by /Root?

I mean every time can I install this pre-config file, preseed-b.cfg in any disk space, resulting in /boot-200MB, /Swap-4GB and rest will be /Root. This is my desired result. I am not sure whether this is how it configures. I am happy this is how it works. Please let me know if somebody had this experience before.