Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

preseed install of debian 8.2 amd 64 fails to wait for dhcp

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
eclay1

preseed install of debian 8.2 amd 64 fails to wait for dhcp

#1 Post by eclay1 »

Hello,

I've run into a situation where when performing a pxe/preseed install the system boots up into the install without issue, getting a dhcp address, then the installer begins to configure the network and it gets to where it request a dhcp address and it instantly fails the install stating that we are either not using dhcp or it's slow. I've added d-i netcfg/dhcp_timeout string 600 to the preseed file but it doesn't seem to be honoured here since it doesn't wait 600 seconds before failing. I have 2 other identical systems that install using the same preseed file but the installer completes as expected. This system has no issues installing centos just debian fails. I did try, once the install failed, to switch to the console and run udhcpc and the server received the address reserved for it.

Is there a method to force debian installer to wait a bit longer for the dhcp server besides what I've already done?