Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installation on thinkpad -trackpad and trackpoint not workin

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
bashjl

Installation on thinkpad -trackpad and trackpoint not workin

#1 Post by bashjl »

Hello list,

I have installed stretch from the netinst iso (i386) and when I start x (I'm not using a display manager), I get no response from the trackpad or trackpoint. I have installed xorg, xserver-xorg, and fluxbox (and tried e17 as well).

I have reinstalled xserver xserver-xorg-input-all, and verified that the synaptics driver is installed, and the psmouse module is loaded. I also tried a usb mouse, and found that it was unresponsive as well. I suspect that the keyboard is not functioning either, as I can't switch to a virtual console (Alt-F, for example).

I have had the same results on 2 different machines (a T60 and a T61) with the same results. I installed on an X60 a week ago with no problems, using the same procedure. Prior to the install, all three machines were running windows with no issues, so it is not a hardware problem.

I'd appreciate any help with finding out what I'm missing in order to get the problem solved.

Thanks,
Jerry

bigrigdriver

Re: Installation on thinkpad -trackpad and trackpoint not wo

#2 Post by bigrigdriver »

Debian doesn't enable trackpoint by default. You will have to manually set it up. Here are a couple of links with instructions.
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebia ... Trackpoint
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_config ... TrackPoint
Registered GNU/Linux user #170078

Go ask google before you ask on these boards.

It it isn't broken, Tweak It !!!