Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Problem with sata raid controler on debain installation

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
oudaim

Problem with sata raid controler on debain installation

#1 Post by oudaim »

Hi

I trie to install debian on Intel D925XECV2 mother bord with Intel 82801FR SATA raid controler and 2 hard disks. I disable Raid drive in the bios and I delete Raid 1 whith raid utilities.

First time, I start with DebianInstaller CD on default mode, On "partition disk" step, the background become red ant this error message apears "No partitionable media were found".

The second time, I starte with DebianInstaller CD on "linux26" mode,
On "Detect and mount cd-rom" step, The cd-rom drive is not detected. I found in Debain Errata that the sata controler is blocking access the cd drive.

The third time, I startet with DebianInstaller CD on "Expert26" mode, On "Detect and mount cd-rom" step, I don't select sata driver. cd-rom drive is detected but On "partition disk" step, the background become red ant this error message apears "No partitionable media were found".

Thanks for any help you can provide

Regards

sprucio

#2 Post by sprucio »

I guess the best thing is for you to research that RAID controller and how it works in Linux.

If I'm assuming correctly, I believe 2.6 has better drives for SATA technology.

You might be able to do a netinstall to skip accessing the CDROM but if the SATA controller is blocking the CDROM, this will still be a problem after the install.