Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installation of encrypted (SW)Raid1 Disks

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
martin.forum

Installation of encrypted (SW)Raid1 Disks

#1 Post by martin.forum »

Hallo,

after several very time consuming installations I will share my challenge with you.
Maybe someone had the same challenge and can help me.

I want to install Debian Jessy as a server with three disks:

Disk1 (System)
/boot
LV - "LV-A"
/
/home
/swap

On the boot partition I have installed also an basic debian system for emergency.
During the setup of the LV-A, I have first encrypted the partition and afterwards created the LV.

Disk2+3 (Raid1)
LV - "LV-B"
/path

In parallel during the setup, I have first created the raid1, afterward encrypted the MD and at the end created the LV.
As I said, I also tried following: creation of the raid1 and afterwards encrypting the MD without an LV and using it directly.

The challenge:
============
After the complete installation, I can enter the pass phrase for the boot disk but the pass phrase for the raid array is not recognized.
Of course, I have written down the pass phrase and tried to enter it several times very carefully.
The message "Failed to start Cryptography Setup for md0_crypt" is shown and Debian boots into the emergency mode.

Any idea why I can not enter the pass phrase for the raid array during the system startup?

Regards

Martin