Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Stretch on Asus Transformer t100. Screen upside down

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
disposablethumbs

Debian Stretch on Asus Transformer t100. Screen upside down

#1 Post by disposablethumbs »

Hi all,

Looking for a little advice on a fresh install of Debian Stretch on an Asus Transformer t100ta tablet.

The installation went smoothly except for the wifi firmware installation, which I've managed to figure out. As of right now the entire OS is installed and seems to be working - with one weird exception.

My screen is upside down. My title bar with "activities", clock, etc. are all on the bottom of the screen and upside down.
Strangely, the mouse is right-side up. The trackpad controlling the mouse also seems to be oriented correctly (I move up on the trackpad and the mouse correspondingly moves up, etc.), but the mouse is working as though the screen underneath it were not upside down. I can still get the gnome shell by clicking in the top right - where the activities button should be - even though that button is now in the bottom left of the screen and upside down.

A little more info -
Grub displays on the monitor properly.
TTY's display on the monitor properly.
The display flips from rightside up to upside down a split second after the login screen appears.

I've tried using xrandr, and that leaves me with a properly oriented screen but then my mouse is upside down!

After a lot of Googling, I haven't found anyone with this exact problem, nor (obviously) have I found a fix. I'm hoping someone here can help!

pylkko

Re: Debian Stretch on Asus Transformer t100. Screen upside d

#2 Post by pylkko »

Sounds like a firmware kind of thing. That is, that this problem is not from the OS but how the device tells the OS about the hardware. I did a search on the device and it appears to be one of those where you can flip the screen and the display rotates like on a phone. I also saw a guide that installed Ubuntu on it and the first thing the guide said was "first things first, update using Asus LiveUpdate to the latest “BIOS” available. At the time of writing, that is v304."

Do you know which version your "BIOS" is?

disposablethumbs

Re: Debian Stretch on Asus Transformer t100. Screen upside d

#3 Post by disposablethumbs »

Thanks for helping.

The BIOS version is 314, which is the most recent BIOS available on the ASUS website.