Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

DEBIAN ISO IS NOT GETTING BOOTED

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
manashpal

DEBIAN ISO IS NOT GETTING BOOTED

#1 Post by manashpal »

Hello sir,
I have recently downloaded debian 8.7.1 dvd iso from the debian official site. But, the iso file is not being burned successfully, showing " missing configuration file " .... Tried with ubuntu start up disc creator, mint stick. Even , this Iso itself is not getting booted on virtual box . Any solution ?

arzgi

Re: DEBIAN ISO IS NOT GETTING BOOTED

#2 Post by arzgi »

How did you burn it? Did you select it as bootable? I'd suggest try to burn new cd.

Ardouos

#3 Post by Ardouos »

Checking its checksum will tell you if the ISO is corrupted.
There is only one Debian | Do not break Debian | Stability and Debian | Backports

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

manashpal

#4 Post by manashpal »

There were 3 sets of DVD in the index. I downloaded the 2nd one which was non bootable iso but an image with additional softwares and firmware updates. Now,
I have installed Debian jessie with the 1st ISO , but, what to do with the 2nd one ( which is non bootable ), how to install the 2nd DVD which is loaded of additional softwares and firmwares ? kindly tell me the process.

manashpal

#5 Post by manashpal »

I want to know the process of installing the firmware files ( non free or free ) if it comes with a zip or tar.gz file.

Segfault

#7 Post by Segfault »

You must have patience of an angel. If somebody tells me "I want" I will tell them get the hell out of my office.

debiman

#8 Post by debiman »

manashpal wrote:There were 3 sets of DVD in the index. I downloaded the 2nd one which was non bootable iso but an image with additional softwares and firmware updates. Now,
I have installed Debian jessie with the 1st ISO , but, what to do with the 2nd one ( which is non bootable ), how to install the 2nd DVD which is loaded of additional softwares and firmwares ? kindly tell me the process.
if you have an internet connection you don't need the second or any subsequent .isos.
not many people use them anymore.
they are there for historical reasons i guess, and for those very few cases when you want to install as much software as possible without an internet connection.
i guess that to use it you'd boot your installed debian, then, with the second cd in the drive, you add it to /etc/apt/sources.list

hackspirit

#9 Post by hackspirit »

manashpal wrote:There were 3 sets of DVD in the index. I downloaded the 2nd one which was non bootable iso but an image with additional softwares and firmware updates. Now,

1. Use torrent client to download. Check you download the FIRST CD for Live USB:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/bt-cd/
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cur ... so.torrent

2. After download has ended use a hash checking tool to check md5 or sha