Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

4 Monitors 2 work?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Wyght

4 Monitors 2 work?

#1 Post by Wyght »

I attempted to install Debian Stable a year ago, I switched back to Ubuntu because I could only get two of my four monitors running. I want to use Debian so I would like to know how do I get four monitors up and running with Debian?

Graphic Card is Cayman Pro GL [Fire Pro V7900} I am using Gallium 0.4 as the driver on Ubuntu 16.04
64 GB RAM
CPU E5607 @ 2.27 GHz X 8
64 bit

Asus 24" (1920 X 1080) X 4

bw123

Re: 4 Monitors 2 work?

#2 Post by bw123 »

Sounds like a very nice radeon board. If you want to get it working on debian, maybe you can repartiton and try another install? I'd probably try something easy, like a window manager first, get mesa-utils and some other diagnostics stuff running (stevepusser prefers package 'inxi') and when you get X running, post some more info.

Be sure and use the firmware, the package I believe is called 'firmware-amd-graphics' now but do some research, it might be installed along with package 'firmware-linux-nonfree'
I attempted to install Debian Stable a year ago, I switched back to Ubuntu
Well, you won't get it working on debian by quitting, be persistent, let the forum help you!
resigned by AI ChatGPT

Wyght

Re: 4 Monitors 2 work?

#3 Post by Wyght »

Thank you I will do some research about this tomorrow, and then try again. I will post for more help if required and I beat it I will let you know

One more question, I have 2 150 SSD and 2 5 TB HD. I did NOT touch any disk other than the one SSD I put Debian on last time.
I could build a partition on one drive and backup everything I 'need' there and then partition the remainder of the disks Is this what you
would suggest?