Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Regarding Yaboot

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
DrakeekarD

Regarding Yaboot

#1 Post by DrakeekarD »

I have figured it out and solved the issue I had. A concern however is more or less what this is about. When installing, the installer goes and does its full installation, network working, no issues with this dinosaur. Mac Xserve G4 with a single intel processor running 1.33ghz with 2 gig of ram is what I installed onto, however I keep running into the same error near the end of the installation, yaboot fails to install.

Is yaboot just not used anymore, or was it just overlooked this go round, it worked with linux 16.04, just not with Debian jessie. I am just curious about this is all, the workaround is a bit long, but not difficult to perform. All you need to do is install debian without bootloader, then install another copy of linux to another hdd, I used 16.04, with terminal edit the yaboot.conf with editor, I found that easiest to edit with. Write in below the first image set a second set with /dev/yourdiskhere to your debian installation, give it the Debian label and your good to go, dual booting linux system.
Leave the initrid.old group below the two, and it worked like a charm.

My server is now a tri booting system, MacOS X Leopard, 10.5.8, Xubuntu 16.04, and Debian jessie 8.7.1.

Just curious is all, is yaboot just outdated these days? I know my server is, but only spent 28 dollars on it, 8 for the server, 20 for the 4 hard disk bays.