Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

after install 8.7.1,is not booting

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
apollokillers1

Re: after install 8.7.1,is not booting

#16 Post by apollokillers1 »

what does it matter if i install a DE or not ? the kernel is not loading,means that my machine not gonna ever boot this linux on that old kernel,it is clear that that old kernel don't "know" the parts in my system,so is no point of trying that or that,the only option i have,the way i see it,is to stick with debian rc2,as it is workin and is booting alright,is working fine and i can use it,even tho i did had to search a lot in internet how the hell to install nvidia drives on that stretch,it is kinda complicated,wish that hat part at least to be easier in the final product

phenest

#17 Post by phenest »

You asked for help, yes? It's not wise to dismiss ideas when you have none of your own.

By installing without a DE, you can determine whether it's a kernel problem or a video driver problem.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

stevepusser

#18 Post by stevepusser »

There aren't any Debian 8 ISO images that have a kernel newer than the stock 3.16. I help with a Debian 8-based Debian derivative that updated the kernel to 4.7 on the 64-bit image (along with other packages) for this reason specifically to support more recent hardware. It's MX-16 Linux. I suppose you can also find more Debian Jessie-based distros with upgraded kernels if you hunt around, but they are not "true Debian", of course.
MX Linux packager and developer

phenest

#19 Post by phenest »

apollokillers1 wrote:it reboots and grub appear,the linux starts....i see there the 2 lines : to wait and the next 1 with the files and blocks line
That's all I get on my Dell laptop. Of course mine proceeds to a desktop whereas yours doesn't. What I'm trying to say is the output you're seeing is correct, but it's struggling to start X.

But if you've seen GRUB and Linux starts, then it IS booting and not necessarily a kernel issue. But if there's a problem with the video driver then X won't start which could explain what you're seeing. Maybe the nouveau drivers don't fully support your nVidia 750Ti.
apollokillers1 wrote:there is where it gets stuck.
Can you switch to a console at this point to get a login prompt? If so, perhaps blacklist the nouveau driver so X reverts to a generic VESA driver. Then you should be able to get to a desktop.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D