Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Installing Debian on an IMac G5

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
beauhefley

Installing Debian on an IMac G5

#1 Post by beauhefley »

My church has given me an old IMac G5 (revc I think, has a webcam) that they otherwise would've thrown out. I downloaded the PowerPC debian iso from http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/j ... 4/netboot/ and burned it to a CD. I put it in the Mac and powered it up while holding 'c'. I get to the "yaboot" screen and typed "expert", but when it boots it says "Invalid memory access at (and some random memory code I do not want to type)" and halts saying "Release keys to continue".
I tried video=ofonly but that did nothing. I other forum posts but their only suggestions had broken links.
What else can I do?

beauhefley

Re: Installing Debian on an IMac G5

#2 Post by beauhefley »

Nevermind, I got the installer to boot! If anyone else has this problem, make sure you get the netINST iso, not the netboot.