Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED]Fresh inst of Debian,problems with Nvidia cards?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
wxckol

Re: Fresh install of Debian, doesn't boot for missing firmwa

#21 Post by wxckol »

Okay Steve, here we are friend, it's done, we have made it :wink: I told you to believe.
Now, i have faced some issue with the nvidia card at the starting, but nothing that with some searches was too hard to resolve.
I'll post some suggestions for those who have an nvidia graphic card of the series 6xxx or 7xxx, like me, and want to make it working properly.
Don't install the package nvidia-driver, but instead install this one: nvidia-legacy.304xx-driver, who does support your card. Proceed then to install nvidia-xconfig, nvidia-settings and nvidia-kernel-3.16.0-4-amd64 (for 64bit architecture). That will do the trick. Am i right Pussier? 8)

Thank you for your help.
-
Disce pati si vincere voles
-
Intel Core i3 4350T @ 3.10GHz - 4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz -
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A_F_K31ADE - 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 - 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA)

-

stevepusser

Re: [SOLVED]Fresh inst of Debian,problems with Nvidia cards?

#22 Post by stevepusser »

Glad to see you have got it going! If you end up also wanting to run 32-bit 3D programs on your 64-bit system, such as Steam games or Windows games in Wine, there are some more additional steps you need to do to add i386 support and then the 32-bit openGL library (change as appropriate for legacy drivers): https://wiki.debian.org/Steam
MX Linux packager and developer