Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED!] Can't sudo into gui apps

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Jan-Willem

[SOLVED!] Can't sudo into gui apps

#1 Post by Jan-Willem »

Hi,

I've tested lxQT with openbox and lightdm, and no lxqtpanel in virtualbox.
Everything works fine. If I select in pcmanfm-qt and want to open it as root, lxqt-sudo pops up and after entering my password, I'm in.
Same goes for when I want to open lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings. So far so good.

After that I have done a fresh install on my laptop. So besides the drivers, the configuration is the same.
I can do sudo aptitude, but when I try the above examples, lxqt-sudo pops up and after entering my password, nothing happens.
No mention of a failure either. Same goes for gksu or sudo from the commandline. The gui-apps wont show.

As said both configurations are basically the same, so I can't think of any reason why it doesn't work on my laptop.
Any idea anyone? Perhaps something I might have overseen?

Regards
Last edited by Jan-Willem on 2017-05-24 08:52, edited 1 time in total.

peer

Re: Can't sudo into gui apps

#2 Post by peer »

I would compare the groups on the pc and the laptop. (not enough rights)

or I would compare the paths on the pc and the laptop (cannot find command)

I do not know if this helps but you can try.

Jan-Willem

Re: Can't sudo into gui apps

#3 Post by Jan-Willem »

Groups was oké and I could find nothing wrong with paths.
So I installed lxqt-core after which it worked. But there were packages I did not want, like lxqt-panel.
So I started removing all the packages which were installed when installing lxqt-core until one package was left, dbus-x11.
Apparently pcmanfm-qt depends on it, but it isn't installed with it. It is installed indirectly with one of the lxqt meta-packages.

So, the problem is SOLVED!

Thanks for your help!