Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Errors while upgrading to Debian 9.0

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Najahiri

[Solved] Errors while upgrading to Debian 9.0

#1 Post by Najahiri »

Hello everybody!

I am currently trying to upgrade my system to Debian 9.0, but I am stuck with an error while executing apt-get dist-upgrade. In particular I executed in order

Code: Select all

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get autoremove
apt-get dist-upgrade
On the last step I obtained the following error

Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto
Generazione albero delle dipendenze       
Lettura informazioni sullo stato... Fatto
Calcolo dell'aggiornamento... Alcuni pacchetti non possono essere installati. Questo può voler dire
che è stata richiesta una situazione impossibile oppure, se si sta
usando una distribuzione in sviluppo, che alcuni pacchetti richiesti
non sono ancora stati creati o sono stati rimossi da Incoming.
Le seguenti informazioni possono aiutare a risolvere la situazione:

I seguenti pacchetti hanno dipendenze non soddisfatte:
 libnvidia-glcore : Rompe: libgl1-nvidia-glx (< 355.11-5) ma la versione 340.102-1 sta per essere installata
 libnvidia-glcore:i386 : Rompe: libgl1-nvidia-glx (< 355.11-5) ma la versione 340.102-1 sta per essere installata
E: Errore, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve ha generato delle interruzioni. Questo potrebbe essere causato da pacchetti bloccati.
In particular it happears that installing 'libnvidia-glcore' will break 'libgl1-nvidia-glx'. How should I proceed?

Thanks for any help! :)
Last edited by Najahiri on 2017-06-19 14:05, edited 2 times in total.

phenest

Re: Errors while upgrading to Debian 9.0.0

#2 Post by phenest »

If you've been currently using Jessie, then you would find from checking other posts on this forum and checking the Debian home page, that Stretch doesn't appear to be ready for download just yet.
ASRock H77 Pro4-M i7 3770K - 32GB RAM - Pioneer BDR-209D

Najahiri

#4 Post by Najahiri »

phenest wrote:If you've been currently using Jessie, then you would find from checking other posts on this forum and checking the Debian home page, that Stretch doesn't appear to be ready for download just yet.
Maybe I'm wrong but I find that at this page https://wiki.debian.org/DebianStretch it says that Stretch is the current stable distribution, and at this page https://www.debian.org/index.html I find Debian 9.0 to be the last version of Debian to be downloaded.
Moreover I just upgraded the system, nothing more than that... :(
arochester wrote:Have you tried?

http://www.debianizzati.org/ and/or http://www.debianitalia.org/
I will now! Thanks anyway for the help!

phenest

#5 Post by phenest »

I'll be damned! Until this minute, I've been seeing 8.8 as the latest version of Debian. Maybe I've been looking at a cached web page.

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Errors while upgrading to Debian 9.0

#6 Post by Hallvor »

[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

phenest

#7 Post by phenest »

Me? No. Why?

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#8 Post by Hallvor »

phenest wrote:Me? No. Why?
No. Not you.
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD

Najahiri

#9 Post by Najahiri »

phenest wrote:I'll be damned! Until this minute, I've been seeing 8.8 as the latest version of Debian. Maybe I've been looking at a cached web page.
No problem! :)
I read it and I don't find anything related to "breaking" while updading.
Anyway, could it be that my problem is related to the "Conflicts or Pre-Depends loops" section? If that is the case, should I remove libgl1-nvidia-glx and then proceed to upgrade again?

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#10 Post by Hallvor »

Najahiri wrote:
phenest wrote:I'll be damned! Until this minute, I've been seeing 8.8 as the latest version of Debian. Maybe I've been looking at a cached web page.
No problem! :)
I read it and I don't find anything related to "breaking" while updrading.
Anyway, could it be that my problem is related to the "Conflicts or Pre-Depends loops" section? If that is the case, should I remove libgl1-nvidia-glx and then proceed to upgrade again?
Yes, you could either remove it and try upgrading again, or apt-get -f install it. I would try the former option first.

phenest

#11 Post by phenest »

Najahiri wrote:I am currently trying to upgrade my system to Debian 9.0, but I am stuck with an error while executing apt-get dist-upgrade. In particular I executed in order

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get autoremove
apt-get dist-upgrade
That's a very strange order. All you needed is:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
Because you upgraded to a new version, you must use dist-upgrade rather that just upgrade.

Najahiri

#12 Post by Najahiri »

phenest wrote: That's a very strange order. All you needed is:

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
Because you upgraded to a new version, you must use dist-upgrade rather that just upgrade.
I proceeded the (quite convoluted) way you see just to be sure to be sure to be up to date before upgrading! :)

Hallvor wrote: Yes, you could either remove it and try upgrading again, or apt-get -f install it. I would try the former option first.
I proceeded that way, I removed 'libgl1-nvidia-glx' and then 'apt-get dist-upgrade' ran smoothly. This way I was able to complete the installation, and Debian boots perfectly afterwards. The only problem now is that Gnome-Shell is acting strange, so I think I'll proceed to reinstall everything anyway, just in case.

Thank you guys anyways! You were precious! :D