Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can you give me a link to download Debian Buster?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Efrahim

#1 Post by Efrahim »

Wheelerof4te

Re: Can you give me a link to download Debian Buster?

#2 Post by Wheelerof4te »

There is no Debian Buster. Current Debian Stable is Stretch, and you should install that. But if you want to "have fun" with your system, here you go:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/week ... 64/iso-cd/

dasein

#3 Post by dasein »

Efrahim wrote:Can you give me a link to download Debian Buster?
If you need hand-holding to find a hyperlink, you really shouldn't be running Testing (aka Buster).

Efrahim

#4 Post by Efrahim »

I have downloaded this link and the room Stretch(Stabil) is already there is no difference

Efrahim

#5 Post by Efrahim »

dasein wrote:
Efrahim wrote:Can you give me a link to download Debian Buster?
If you need hand-holding to find a hyperlink, you really shouldn't be running Testing (aka Buster).
why?

dasein

#6 Post by dasein »

Efrahim wrote:
dasein wrote:If you need hand-holding to find a hyperlink, you really shouldn't be running Testing (aka Buster).
why?
Short answer: If you have to ask why, that's yet another sign that you're not ready to run Testing.

Slightly longer answer: Because Testing breaks, and breaks unpredictably, just like its catchy name implies. Testing is all about bug-hunting, which means that Testing users are expected to do first-level troubleshooting and triage on their own, without hand-holding or spoon-feeding. Testing requires a level of expertise and engagement that goes far, far beyond finding a simple hyperlink.

Efrahim

#7 Post by Efrahim »

dasein wrote:
Efrahim wrote:
dasein wrote:If you need hand-holding to find a hyperlink, you really shouldn't be running Testing (aka Buster).
why?
Short answer: If you have to ask why, that's yet another sign that you're not ready to run Testing.

Slightly longer answer: Because Testing breaks, and breaks unpredictably, just like its catchy name implies. Testing is all about bug-hunting, which means that Testing users are expected to do first-level troubleshooting and triage on their own, without hand-holding or spoon-feeding. Testing requires a level of expertise and engagement that goes far, far beyond finding a simple hyperlink.
Thanks you for the answer