Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Activating The Root Account (I Want To Use Su Not Sudo)

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
luvr

Re: Activating The Root Account (I Want To Use Su Not Sudo)

#21 Post by luvr »

cfb wrote:To make the selection for the current user, use this command:

Code: Select all

$ gksu-properties
That must be it! It displays the “Privilege granting preferences” dialogue that Caitlin appeared to refer to earlier on.

Caitlin

#22 Post by Caitlin »

Code: Select all

# gksu-properties

(gksu-properties:3744): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running

(gksu-properties:3744): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# dpkg-reconfigure synaptic

(no output from this command)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# grep -r 'ubuntu' /etc/polkit-1 /var/lib/polkit-1 /usr/share/polkit-1

/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.ubuntu.pkexec.synaptic.policy:  <action id="com.ubuntu.pkexec.synaptic">
In each case, I tried Synaptic again. No change.

Caitlin

cfb

#23 Post by cfb »

You should run "gksu-properties" as your normal user, not as root.