Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9 thunderbird with gmail

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
opale7000

Debian 9 thunderbird with gmail

#1 Post by opale7000 »

Hello

Anyone have this working with 2 step verification?

Thanks

Wheelerof4te

Re: Debian 9 thunderbird with gmail

#2 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Please, this is subforum for questions related to installation.

Your question can be answered with a quick google search. I got Icedove configured with ease before, so the same applies to Thunderbird. It's easy, darne it! xD My mom can do it.

EDIT:

A little mercy:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839

dasein

#3 Post by dasein »

This OP doesn't deserve your efforts. S/he literally posts six times a day with questions that can easily be searched.

Maybe s/he is looking to dethrone our reigning help-vampire (who still won't do a simple search, regardless of how brain-dead easy that search might be).

(I guess I'll have to wait to test-drive my new "lie for the lulz" strategy.)

opale7000

#4 Post by opale7000 »

The thing is with Debian 9 things do not always work as expected. FYI I am triple booting Win7, Linux Mint and Debian 9. Things work as expected with other distro
so forgive me for asking questions about why Thunderbird hangs during the verification process in DEBIAN 9 ONLY. So much for the spirit of cooperation.

Wheelerof4te

#5 Post by Wheelerof4te »

1. You asked about something that can be found with a bit of searching around, on the wrong subforum.

2. You immediately complain it works on Linux Mint after I give you a link on how to do it.

3. You appear to know how to do it, but now you complain that THBRD hangs on Debian. Why haven't you mentioned it sooner?

Why do you even need 3 (in words, three) OS's is beyond me. Just stick with what works for you, man. Don't complicate it, only then to come here and whine about it.