Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Stretch installation fails in VirtualBox

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
prahladyeri

Stretch installation fails in VirtualBox

#1 Post by prahladyeri »

I'm trying to install debian stretch on virtualbox before actually installing it on my machine. However, it fails on the step, "Installing the system" with following message:

Code: Select all

failed to determine the codename for the release
I tried this with both graphical and console based installers. However, when I do allow internet connection to the virtual machine, it does work and this error doesn't come. However, I want to ensure that debian installs without an internet connection, because when I'll actually install, that's how its going to be. The only internet source I have is through my wifi and that's not even configured at the bootup.

luvr

Re: Stretch installation fails in VirtualBox

#2 Post by luvr »

Which disc images did you use when you attempted the install? Live disc or Install disc?
What is your host system?

stevepusser

#3 Post by stevepusser »

Maybe the wifi would work out of the box if you used an image that includes the non-free firmware?
MX Linux packager and developer

prahladyeri

#4 Post by prahladyeri »

luvr wrote:Which disc images did you use when you attempted the install? Live disc or Install disc?
What is your host system?

I used the latest 9.0.1 LXDE live image from here. Host system is Windows 7.