Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9 netinstall error

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Chris

Debian 9 netinstall error

#1 Post by Chris »

Installed "debian-testing-amd64_netinst.iso" from a USB-stick to harddisk and it is OK to boot from that hard drive.

When I turn off the machine and connect my other hard drives and boot again, I get this message:
mount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directory
run-init: open console: No such file or directory
Target filesystem doesn't have requested /sbin/init.
run-init: opening console: No such file or directory
No init found. Try passing init=bootorg.

Someone who can give an idea of solving the problem ?

Lysander

Re: Debian 9 netinstall error

#2 Post by Lysander »

In the absence of a better answer, and before one comes along from someone with more experience than I, I would suggest Googling your error messages. There are quite a few results that come up and the time you spend waiting for an answer here would be better spent researching those.

At the very least refer to the first answer here and post the output to the forum

https://askubuntu.com/questions/25695/i ... uring-boot

and/or this

https://kuniganotas.wordpress.com/2010/ ... n-rootdev/

Chris

#3 Post by Chris »

Lysander - Thanks for your input. Before I posted in this forum, I searched the internet of course, but found nothing that could solve the problem. I have also seen those messages that you refer to, but they did not help either.

Last year I tried Linux Slitaz who had the same problem and from Windows I was able to access and edit the file "boot/grub/menu.lst", probably correspond to the file "boot/grub/grub.cfg" in Debian. If I use the same method to correct the Debian file "/boot/grub/grub.cfg", I get an error message from Debian at startup on broken safety.

My guess is that, it is precisely in the file grub.cfg to be corrected, since there still stands sda1, after I
connected my other hard drives, and the HD, as I installed Debian on now is sdd1 according sudo fdisk -L.

Lysander

#4 Post by Lysander »

Chris wrote:Lysander - Thanks for your input. Before I posted in this forum, I searched the internet of course, but found nothing that could solve the problem.
OK but what have you tried from all the similar topics out there? Have you run a fsck disk check from a live CD/Flash drive?

dasein

#5 Post by dasein »

Chris wrote:Before I posted in this forum, I searched the internet of course, but found nothing that could solve the problem.
If you've actually searched as you say you have, then by definition you have already tried and eliminated multiple potential solutions.

So, to save everyone time and duplicated effort, please identify the things you've already tried, based on your prior searches, along with the results of each attempt. Be specific.

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

I've tried to install a full deb 4.9.0.3 and found that it has precis the same problem, so I decided to let it wait until the problem is resolved by the development team, but thank you for your participation.