Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

All repositorys?, but "no installation candidate found!"

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Wheelerof4te

Re: All repositorys?, but "no installation candidate found!"

#16 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Obligatory time saver for you and for everyone else here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-gmnvYDao

The guy explained everything, so just follow what he said.

antonius

#17 Post by antonius »

Wheelerof4te wrote:Obligatory time saver for you and for everyone else here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-gmnvYDao

The guy explained everything, so just follow what he said.
Why do you still suggest a DE? Because I don't use DE. How is it in debian, Can stretch use trusted sources.list s from previous older distros, are they compatible? Stretch is not working for me, is it working for anyone here with all the utilitys u usually have?
Should have bern obv to me from beginning,what's missing.

Wheelerof4te

#18 Post by Wheelerof4te »

antonius wrote:Why do you still suggest a DE? Because I don't use DE
Did not see that in your first post, have you changed it recently? If not, then sorry, my mistake. Always state as much info as possible so others can help you and we don't have to guess what problems you are having.
antonius wrote:Can stretch use trusted sources.list s from previous older distros
No, that is not recommended. There are guides to install Debian without DE on the Internet. I assume you need it for the server, right? Then Debian is a good choice, provided you take the advice and install it correctly. In that video, guy explains how to install Debian, but with a little logic, you can install it without DE. Just don't choose it under software selection step.

You have got your answers already, I can't really help you anymore than I did.

EDIT: Here is another good server OS, bet you can install it easier than Debian, trust me :D
https://www.freebsd.org/

antonius

#19 Post by antonius »

Wheelerof4te wrote:
antonius wrote:Why do you still suggest a DE? Because I don't use DE
Did not see that in your first post, have you changed it recently? If not, then sorry, my mistake. Always state as much info as possible so others can help you and we don't have to guess what problems you are having.
It's alright, I also make alot of mistakes all the time. And couldn't post all you needed from me, sorry.

No, that is not recommended. There are guides to install Debian without DE on the Internet. I assume you need it for the server, right? Then Debian is a good choice, provided you take the advice and install it correctly. In that video, guy explains how to install Debian, but with a little logic, you can install it without DE. Just don't choose it under software selection step.

You have got your answers already, I can't really help you anymore than I did.
There's still something I'm asking you for help, that is, On debian.org I can only find urls to wget -c for version 9 stretch. Sigh..
Help me navigate here pls, where are the exact location for the other urls for oldstable releases, lke jessie wheezy, to wget -c to make an iso? Pls. It's basic and I cant find it.
That's how I ended up with this stretch in the first place. I can't find the urls for the others to be downloaded for me.
It's not very beginner friendly on debians side imao, but you have been friendly and for that I'm thankfull to everyone here.
EDIT: Here is another good server OS, bet you can install it easier than Debian, trust me :D
https://www.freebsd.org/
[/quote]
This may be good software, but in my past i haven't been positively impressed with software, that contains images or symbols like the devil or the pentagram, also because I believe in Jesus Christ and like to omit that first for neutral looking debian. But thanks, maybe if nothing works i'l try this one.

Wheelerof4te

#20 Post by Wheelerof4te »

antonius wrote:where are the exact location for the other urls for oldstable releases, lke jessie wheezy, to wget -c to make an iso?
For Jessie:
https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdima ... etinst.iso

For Wheezy:

These are both netinstall images for 64-bit CPUs. If you have a smartphone or another computer, you can find other images with simple google search. If not, just change every instance of "amd64" with your architecture type.

Can't blame you for not liking Stretch. Wheezy was my first Debian and is still my favorite. Just keep in mind it's support is ending next year, should you decide to install. For other distro alternatives, see the link in my signature.

antonius

#21 Post by antonius »

Wheelerof4te wrote:
antonius wrote:where are the exact location for the other urls for oldstable releases, lke jessie wheezy, to wget -c to make an iso?
For Jessie:

For Wheezy:

These are both netinstall images for 64-bit CPUs. If you have a smartphone or another computer, you can find other images with simple google search. If not, just change every instance of "amd64" with your architecture type.

Can't blame you for not liking Stretch. Wheezy was my first Debian and is still my favorite. Just keep in mind it's support is ending next year, should you decide to install. For other distro alternatives, see the link in my signature.
Nice to hear about good experience w/ debian. For my bare bones install i can use any iso right? Or do I need the netinstall right?

Wheelerof4te

#22 Post by Wheelerof4te »

^It is recommended to use netinstall if you wan't an minimal OS (just don't choose any DE at install software step). It's called netinstall for a reason, since you need Internet connection to install it correctly.

There are larger images for those who want a Desktop out of the box and prefer to install without a Internet connection. Even with those images, you can install minimal OS if you uncheck DE when prompted, I think. That was when I was installing Jessie, don't know much about it now.

antonius

#23 Post by antonius »

Wheelerof4te wrote:^It is recommended to use netinstall if you wan't an minimal OS (just don't choose any DE at install software step). It's called netinstall with a reason, since you need Internet connection to install it correctly.

There are larger images for those who want a Desktop out of the box and prefer to install without a Internet connection.
Alright, got ya Wheelerof4te. Yeah, I noticed that size issue when I saw rhe CD-1, CD-2, sub CDs! ?
Didn't know a netinstal is even more barebones than a CD disk image. Interesting.
You use wheezy, great, but I'll tell how you what I'l use.
I watched my first youtube video today, and within the first 20secs a boy is asked, what is your name?, he answers Jessie!
So, this is just a tiny glimpse in my life i wanna mention, it's accompanied with signs from God Jesus Christ, and I'll go with this distro. As a Christian I can tell you that this is normal for me. Jesus is Lord, and if I can give a tip too, you should ask God who he is. He'll show himself to you and he will give you salvation and the Holy Spirit that is a comforter. Thanks you and thanks all. Gotta get things installed now.

Wheelerof4te

#24 Post by Wheelerof4te »

No problem, you are welcome. Hope it fares well for you. Thank you and God bless!

antonius

#25 Post by antonius »

Wheelerof4te wrote:No problem, you are welcome. Hope it fares well for you. Thank you and God bless!
Apache2 default pache is up :o So cool! Your recommendation helped me alot, thanks! God bless you too!