Feedback from new user - Install problems

Help with issues regarding installation of Debian

Re: Feedback from new user - Install problems

Postby MALsPa » 2017-09-10 13:11

bryanmc wrote:
MALsPa wrote:I don't have much difficulty getting Debian installed and set up here. And I'm not "moving on" and dumping Debian for another distro; Debian's worked fine for me for years. So, whatever, carry on.

I never suggested you move on, wrong guy. You say you have run Debian for years and don't have any trouble installing it, yet you don't know how to set up the swap partition? I suppose some folks are so advanced that the really simple beginner stuff confounds them... :?

Anyway, good luck in your quest.

You're getting me mixed up with somebody else. Where did I ever write that I don't know how to set up the swap partition? Make sure you know what you're talking about before you hit that "Submit" button. I'm not on any quest.
MALsPa

Postby MALsPa » 2017-09-10 13:14

debiman wrote:^ fwiw, i think debian got through the last 20 years because devs concentrate on what's really important.

Good point, I can totally go along with that.
MALsPa

Postby bryanmc » 2017-09-10 14:19

MALsPa wrote:You're getting me mixed up with somebody else. Where did I ever write that I don't know how to set up the swap partition? Make sure you know what you're talking about before you hit that "Submit" button. I'm not on any quest.

You're right, I got you and the OP intertwined somehow on the partition thing. Apologies.
bryanmc

Postby Head_on_a_Stick » 2017-09-10 18:29

spechter wrote:Maybe something is actually broken?

Then you should submit a bug report and make yourself actually useful instead of coming here and irritating us with your moronic moaning.

https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

@stevepusser: ixnay on the unsenlabs-Bay :twisted:
"Yes Linus, our patches are such garbage the KSPP can't manage to do anything other than copy+paste from them, and you're slowly merging them (along with our registered copyrights). How do our table scraps taste?" — Brad Spengler, grsecurity
Head_on_a_Stick

Previous

Return to Installation