Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Error during installation "Downloading a file failed" during

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
THX1138b

Re: Error during installation "Downloading a file failed" du

#16 Post by THX1138b »

I've put my 32 GB flash drive inside the thin client (after soldering myself an adapter to connect it to one of the internal headers). I've installed antiX onto this flash drive and it uses less than 100 MB RAM after booting (but more when I start doing anything). Maybe I can use the 512 MB DOM as the /swap space. My problem now, as I figured it might be, is getting Bluetooth to work. I guess I'll make a new thread since it doesn't fit this one. Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.
antiX 16, Wyse V90L thin client with VIA Eden 32-bit 800 MHz CPU and 1 GB 533 MHz DDR2
Raspberry Pi 3 B and 3 B+, both running Raspbian Stretch

We don't inherit the Earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children.

stevepusser

#17 Post by stevepusser »

I have heard that using flash media for swap space has a disturbing tendency to wear it out extremely quickly, especially older media. Modern SSD drives have a much extended wear lifetime, but it is still finite..
MX Linux packager and developer

Segfault

#18 Post by Segfault »

This computer probably does not need any swap. Running one task only.