Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

/dev/sda clean after install

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Norbii

/dev/sda clean after install

#1 Post by Norbii »

Hello.

I installed debian on my computer and after installation of course i got this message : https://kephost.com/image/BLjQ

I tried to read how can i fix it but i didnt find useful things.
Someone said its about gpu so i need to install nonfree firmware, another said i should edit something in fstab or something like this.. But how when i cant even use the terminal.

p.H
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: /dev/sda clean after install

#2 Post by p.H »

"/dev/sda1: recovering journal" means that the filesystem in /dev/sda1 was not cleanly unmounted after last time it was mounted.
However "/dev/sda1: clean" is a perfectly normal and expected message, so the journal recovery seems to have been successful.

What is the real problem ? Nothing happens after these messages ? Can you use the magic SyRq keys to reboot ?
Did you try to boot in rescue mode to display more messages ?
Norbii wrote:But how when i cant even use the terminal.
You can restart the Debian installer in rescue mode and run a shell in the installed system root (chroot).