Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Will Debian 9 work on these specs?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

Re: Will Debian 9 work on these specs?

#16 Post by steve_v »

Lysander wrote:EDIT: It's good apart from the fact that it can't use Gmail. Great.
I find using a real mail client (e.g. Claws) with an imap connection to gmail works rather well on my (almost identical to the one being discussed here) netbook.
It seems all modern web browsers are shameless resource hogs. I have 2GB of RAM in my HP Mini, and it's snappy as hell... until one opens a browser.
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

Lysander

Re: Will Debian 9 work on these specs?

#17 Post by Lysander »

steve_v wrote:
Lysander wrote:EDIT: It's good apart from the fact that it can't use Gmail. Great.
I find using a real mail client (e.g. Claws) with an imap connection to gmail works rather well on my (almost identical to the one being discussed here) netbook.
It seems all modern web browsers are shameless resource hogs. I have 2GB of RAM in my HP Mini, and it's snappy as hell... until one opens a browser.
Quite good advice. I didn't think of that. Thanks. I tend not like mail clients but in this case I don't mind considering an exception.