Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian auf PI3 / Berryboot / ext4 journal Probleme

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
summX

Debian auf PI3 / Berryboot / ext4 journal Probleme

#1 Post by summX »

Hallo zusammne, ein weiterer Debian Neuling hier.

Ich möchte eigentlich nur Openhab stabil auf einem Raspberry 3 laufen lassen. Nachdem mehrere SD-Karten abgeraucht sind und ich nach x-maligem herumprobieren von USB zu booten erfolglos war bin ich über Berryboot gestolpert. Nun läuft Debian Jessie auf einer per USB-Adapter angeschlossenen SSD eben per Berryboot.
Nun hab ich also alles installiert ... Openhab 2 und vor allem influxdb. Läuft so erstmal wunderbar.
Aber: nach dem ganzen Setup boote ich in das CLI, schalte den Monitor ab und bastel am Laptop per SSH weiter. Jedoch nach einer Weile, vielleicht 20 Minuten bis halbe Stunde kann ich nicht mehr zugreifen. Ich schalte den Monitor wieder an und sehe eine Fehlermeldung

ext4 error loading journal
remount FS as read only
und dann gibt es nur noch Journal Fehlermeldungen. Leider konnte ich sie nicht kopieren oder dergleichen, weil dann nur noch Stecker ziehen hilft.

Da ich Neuling bin habe ich leider keine große Idee, was das sein könnte.

Ich habe irgendwo gelesen, dass man eventuel auf das Journaling verzichten könnte?

Grüße
Christian

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: Debian auf PI3 / Berryboot / ext4 journal Probleme

#2 Post by arochester »

The language on this board is primarily English but we do not exclude people with little or no English. When replying to posts in other languages please include an English translation. It's a good idea to help non-English speakers find resources in their language.
A forum is a means of written communication so make sure your posts are as readable as possible. That means: Use capital letters and punctuation, and use the formatting features of the forum wisely in order to make your post attractive. Try to avoid 'l33t speak', 'chatspeak,' and 'SMS language'.
There is no need to apologize for poor English skills. We have users from all over the world and trying your best is more than adequate.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10653

Have you tried https://debianforum.de/forum/ ?

summX

Re: Debian auf PI3 / Berryboot / ext4 journal Probleme

#3 Post by summX »

Upps I´m very sorry. Obviously I got confused by the german terms of service which made me believe I was in the german forum. So I shall rephrase in English then.

I´m trying to run Openhab and Influxdb under Debian Jessie on an RPI3. After killing a couple of SD cards I was eager to run it of of an old SSD, but could not manage to get the USB boot fully working. Then I stumbled over berryboot V2 and it seems to work running Jessie from said SSD.
But after about 20 minutes (give or take) of uptime the ext4 journaling runs into trouble every time causing a remount of the FS as read only and the system becomes unresponsive.
Since I´m a beginner here I have no clue as to what could be the cause. I have read that it might be possible to turn of journaling, but that does not seem like a good idea at all.

Edit: this morning the system did it again and totally locked itself up. After a reboot the logs don´t show anyhting suspicious. Guess the logs can´t be written anymore since the FS is read only. I took a pic with my phone and upload it soon.