graphic utility to create / burn the Linux ISO to usb

Help with issues regarding installation of Debian

Re: graphic utility to create / burn the Linux ISO to usb

Postby Bulkley » 2017-12-06 23:25

RU55EL wrote:If you are running Debian and Gnome, there is Disks, which will allow you to restore a disk image (ISO) to a USB drive.

https://fedoramagazine.org/how-to-make-a-live-usb-stick-using-gnome-disks/

Thanks for that. I tried it and it works. The article and video are a bit out of date in that the clickable icons have been moved and the language has been altered (Restore disk image is now Restore disk partition) but those are cosmetic. All in all it is a good alternative to Unetbootin.
Bulkley

Postby RU55EL » 2017-12-07 00:15

I was kind of surprised when I found out that you could use "disks" for creating installation disks from ISOs. If I remember correctly, I discovered it at the Raspberry Pi website.

I really like the Raspberry Pi because it is cheap, useful, and if you know Debian, very easy to use. I was surprised when I learned a couple things from the Raspberry Pi website that helped me with Debian. sshfs is another useful program I discovered at the Raspberry Pi website.

I alway keep at least one Rpi seeding Debian installation DVDs 24/7.
RU55EL

Postby elton-w » 2017-12-10 21:58

RU55EL wrote:If you are running Debian and Gnome, there is Disks, which will allow you to restore a disk image (ISO) to a USB drive.

https://fedoramagazine.org/how-to-make-a-live-usb-stick-using-gnome-disks/

A special "thank" you for that. I've often used gnome disks totally unaware of its use for re-recreate images. All this time I was beating myself on the head !! <DUH>

Shows that I still have much to learn. MUCH APPRECIATED! :D :D
Registered Linux User #193975-85134
elton-w

Previous

Return to Installation