Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

9.3.0 Disk 1 not recognized after disk 2

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
datcam

9.3.0 Disk 1 not recognized after disk 2

#1 Post by datcam »

I am installing a 3-DVD set (I haven't downloaded them all yet) of Debian 9.3.0 on an HP mini110. After disk 1, it asks me if I have other DVDs, and it reads disk 2 for a while. Then it asks for disk 1 again, but doesn't recognize it. It keeps asking it and asking it, and I can't even "go back" to try something else. My only way out is to shut down the machine. My DVDs have the right MD5 and SHA1 signature, and appear fine otherwise. I must say I have no clue whatsoever.

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

Re: 9.3.0 Disk 1 not recognized after disk 2

#2 Post by arochester »

Most people do not install everything from a 3 DVD set because that will install many things they just don't need.

Only DVD 1 will boot. The other two DVDs are used as a Repository to contain other things that people might need.

If you have an adequate Internet connection you only needed DVD 1, although you could have used much less by doing a Netinstall.