Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Can't install debian from iso on hard drive

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
andre@home

Re: Can't install debian from iso on hard drive

#16 Post by andre@home »

Never have problems when the iso's are put on an usb stick in the correct way...
Did not even consider another option after the change coming from a CD/DVD as installation source.
O yeh... I could have done it through my home network, present here since 1999.. (and still working ok..), but using a usb stick is so easy....

lostfarmer

Re: Can't install debian from iso on hard drive

#17 Post by lostfarmer »

p.H wrote: You must use the initrd.gz from hd-media. Also, it may have limited support for filesystems, but I am not sure about ext4.
I must correct my prior post --I have 20 partitions and forgot how the partitions were formatted. The initrd.gz from my prior post link will mount to search for **iso files on fat32, ext2, ext4 , will not mount NTFS. Should mount ext3 but I do not have one to test.

When the iso file is found ,it will mount the partition and should continue with the normal install process.

If one has other linux.iso files it may try to mount/load them and fail, before finding the debian.iso file.