Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9 MS Server 2012 R2 Boot Error

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
cleverchimp

Debian 9 MS Server 2012 R2 Boot Error

#1 Post by cleverchimp »

I'm new to hyper V or VM in general. I just installed Debian 9 on hyper V using guided LVM. I thought I can resize the swap file later when I'm adding more ram, but I havent found a way to do so...beside that when the system start after GRUB loader, I have this error message below.What were the issue? (despite this system still boot up) I have 24 GB RAM and set the VM with 8vCPU with dedicated 12 GB RAM (8GB swap), this would be the only VM planned for this server, I know that VM is emulation but mouse pointer is a lot faster on the existing bare metal (very old machine, dual core pentium, 8GB) debian that I'm trying to get rid of. Is this normal?

[0.004000] efi : Failed to lookup EFI memory descriptor for 0x00000000f6cea000

[0.032136] PCI : Fatal : No config space access function found

Warning : Failed to connect to lvmetad. Failing back to scanning.

Warning : Failed to connect to lvmetad. Failing back to scanning.

/dev/mapper/XXX--vg-root : recovering journal

/dev/mapper/XXX--vg-root : clean, xxx files, xxx/xxx blocks

NHOJ

Re: Debian 9 MS Server 2012 R2 Boot Error

#2 Post by NHOJ »

Are you saying you've allocated 24GB RAM and 8 virtual CPU to a VM on a server that has only 8GB RAM and 2 CPU?

cleverchimp

Re: Debian 9 MS Server 2012 R2 Boot Error

#3 Post by cleverchimp »

no, the other way around. 24GB Host server and 12 GB Ram for guest Debian and 8vCPU.