Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian 9 Select and Install Software Fails

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
ztaylor

Debian 9 Select and Install Software Fails

#1 Post by ztaylor »

Hello,

As said in the post title, my installation of Debian 9 fails at Select and Install Software. The curious thing about this is that it happens with 23 files remaining regardless of what options I select. I’m relatively new to the Linux game, so if anyone has any help, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks!

jibberjabber

Re: Debian 9 Select and Install Software Fails

#2 Post by jibberjabber »

I am curious, before you get the select and install option, there should be a option to participate in the "popcon" Yes or no ", what do you select ?
In the past, when I select NO, the install fails, when I tried again, and select yes,
the install proceeds with out problem. I know, there shouldn't be any relation, but it seemed to make a difference to me.

ztaylor

#3 Post by ztaylor »

Interesting. I have been selecting no as well. When I get home I’ll give that a try and report back. Thanks.

Andreuccio

#4 Post by Andreuccio »

This happens because of some connection error to the repository. Just follow through with the installation that the missing files will be downloaded

Wheelerof4te

#5 Post by Wheelerof4te »

If you are using the netinstall that is available from the site's main page, maybe your connection got cut. Alternatively, you can download a DVD image which has everything needed for normal install. Put it onto a 4GB USB if you don't have spare DVD's.

Andreuccio

#6 Post by Andreuccio »

Wheelerof4te wrote:If you are using the netinstall that is available from the site's main page, maybe your connection got cut. Alternatively, you can download a DVD image which has everything needed for normal install. Put it onto a 4GB USB if you don't have spare DVD's.

Right. But after that you will need to configure the sources list to install the programs without the installation dvd.