Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Run From Live USB

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
llewellen

Run From Live USB

#1 Post by llewellen »

I downloaded 9.4.0 ISO and wrote it to a USB stick. I would like to run from the USB to explore and try out but the first window that appears after booting from the USB seems to provide only for actual installation to my drive, What am I overlooking? Thank you.
It is not that I am mad; it's only that my head is different from yours - Diogenes of Sinope

Dai_trying

Re: Run From Live USB

#2 Post by Dai_trying »

I think you want the Live-Cd version of Debian to be able to test it before installation, be warned though some users have had problems with installing from the Live versions although I have made a couple of successful installs from the Live Xfce version.

As always Your Mileage May Vary...

Wheelerof4te

#3 Post by Wheelerof4te »

Use Live CDs with non-free firmware as it's more likely to work on your computer. Live CDs are there to test your hardware and for other temporary tasks. Installing is recommended from the netinstall or DVD images.

llewellen

#4 Post by llewellen »

Thank you, that worked.
It is not that I am mad; it's only that my head is different from yours - Diogenes of Sinope