how to install multiple iso files using Oracle VM?

Help with issues regarding installation of Debian

how to install multiple iso files using Oracle VM?

Postby theuser » 2018-05-08 01:18

hey there

im new user; i'm learning the linux OS, installed OVM on my system and installed 3 linux versions by solo iso file!
but when i downloaded debian from http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-dvd/ and tried to install that like other ones, i just cock blocked with this error:
Code: Select all
/cdrom/:please insert the disc labeled:'Debian GNU/Linux 9.2.0 Stretch-official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20171007-12:11' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter. Media Change

after a lot of google search i couldn't solve my issue and posted this here.

what i did:
paused the system from Oracle VM and then changed the image file from debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso to debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso ; but again that error i mentioned here. :oops:

restarted the system from machine tab and again changed the Disk from setting.
(Setting > Storage > Storage devices > Controller: IDE > Attributes > Choose a virtual optical disk ... > debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso > ok); but not worked for me again that same error. :roll:

used the advanced setup and changed some settings and used detect and used integrity disks... etc. but not worked. :?

please help me for solving this issue guys, i need to do this with VM.

thanks.
theuser

Re: how to install multiple iso files using Oracle VM?

Postby theuser » 2018-05-08 05:46

i found a way but not related to .iso files
in middle of the installation time that the debian installation process wants me another disk, i chose the mirror link to download other files from the debian server.
before this i tried another way too for using .iso files: (that not worked again)

Setting > Storage > Storage devices > Controller: IDE >add optical drive (by draging your mouse to the cd-plus symbol) > debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso and another one debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso> ok

note: the first iso file should be the IDE primary master and so on.
theuser

Return to Installation