Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

how to install multiple iso files using Oracle VM?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
theuser

how to install multiple iso files using Oracle VM?

#1 Post by theuser »

hey there

im new user; i'm learning the linux OS, installed OVM on my system and installed 3 linux versions by solo iso file!
but when i downloaded debian from http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/cur ... 4/iso-dvd/ and tried to install that like other ones, i just cock blocked with this error:

Code: Select all

/cdrom/:please insert the disc labeled:'Debian GNU/Linux 9.2.0 Stretch-official amd64 DVD Binary-1 20171007-12:11' in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter. Media Change
after a lot of google search i couldn't solve my issue and posted this here.

what i did:
paused the system from Oracle VM and then changed the image file from debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso to debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso ; but again that error i mentioned here. :oops:

restarted the system from machine tab and again changed the Disk from setting.
(Setting > Storage > Storage devices > Controller: IDE > Attributes > Choose a virtual optical disk ... > debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso > ok); but not worked for me again that same error. :roll:

used the advanced setup and changed some settings and used detect and used integrity disks... etc. but not worked. :?

please help me for solving this issue guys, i need to do this with VM.

thanks.

theuser

Re: how to install multiple iso files using Oracle VM?

#2 Post by theuser »

i found a way but not related to .iso files
in middle of the installation time that the debian installation process wants me another disk, i chose the mirror link to download other files from the debian server.
before this i tried another way too for using .iso files: (that not worked again)

Setting > Storage > Storage devices > Controller: IDE >add optical drive (by draging your mouse to the cd-plus symbol) > debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso and another one debian-9.2.0-amd64-DVD-2.iso> ok

note: the first iso file should be the IDE primary master and so on.