Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian Net Install

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
jeanpaulberes

Debian Net Install

#1 Post by jeanpaulberes »

Dear Debian Users,
I had multiple times issues with Debian ISO's (AMD64) ... even when the checksum was right, problems during installation ... freezes, error messages at the end of install, ...
HOWEVER, I did use afterwards the Minimal install (Net install), with of course a good 'wired' connection,
and can say now that every thing went smoothly ... I did install without any problems AND even very fast Debian 9.4 with the Cinnamon Desktop environment.
I can hereby advice people having a good network connection to use the minimal installation (Net installation) ... Stuff will workout well !
Thanks to the Debian Team .. I'm now a very satisfied Debian User ;-)

Lysander

Re: Debian Net Install

#2 Post by Lysander »

Netinstall is awesome, far more preferable than downloading the ISO. You may also be interested to know that the word 'Ubuntu' is actually an African word for "I can't netinstall Debian".

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ubuntu

OK maybe not, but you'll probably enjoy the above reading.

jeanpaulberes

#3 Post by jeanpaulberes »

LOL

I usually don't crap and never crap on other distros, but I have a strong preference for Debian, that's for sure !
I really like Debian, I'm using the Stable version, not the SID and I'm really happy with it ;-)
Lysander wrote:Netinstall is awesome, far more preferable than downloading the ISO. You may also be interested to know that the word 'Ubuntu' is actually an African word for "I can't netinstall Debian".

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ubuntu

OK maybe not, but you'll probably enjoy the above reading.

anticapitalista

#4 Post by anticapitalista »

jeanpaulberes wrote:LOL

I usually don't crap ...
You need to see a doctor soon.
antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

KBD47

#5 Post by KBD47 »

I've used DVD1 in the past, but last couple of years Netinstall is my first choice. It always works.

Lysander

#6 Post by Lysander »

I usually don't crap and never crap on other distros, but I have a strong preference for Debian, that's for sure !
I think a bit of fun-poking is quite harmless and in some cases, even necessary. All the distro-related pages on Uncyclopedia are well-written and worth a look.

jeanpaulberes

#7 Post by jeanpaulberes »

anticapitalista wrote:

I usually don't crap ...
You need to see a doctor soon.
That's a good one :D :P