Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

PXE Install: Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Faust

PXE Install: Failed to load ldlinux.c32

#1 Post by Faust »

I've been trying to get a working PXE install for Debian going, fully automated with preseed file. I'm using the netboot.tar.gz from the US Debian FTP. Since I've been working on this for quite a while, I've been doing some things at home. Here I managed to get the PXE boot to work, but on my work network, I just can't get it to boot.

At home I have an ASUS router (for DHCP) and a NAS (for TFTP). I configured my ASUS router with the following line:

Code: Select all

dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,,192.168.1.10
192.168.1.10 is the address of the NAS, functioning as a TFTP server. With this configuration, everything works perfectly. I connect the machine turn it on, and it runs through the install.

Porting this configuration to our network at work, we had to change things a little, since we use ICS DHCP server, which also functions as a TFTP server. Here, our config is as follows:

next-server 10.1.1.12;
option bootfile-name "pxelinux.0";
10.1.1.12 is the address of the DHCP/TFTP server. When I do this and try to boot, I keep getting and error saying "Failed to load ldlinux.c32", followed by a boot failure. See screenshot below (click for larger image):

I can't find and y useful resources out there as to what might be going wrong. Hopefully someone here can help me out. Let me know if you need any more information.

jmgibson1981

Re: PXE Install: Failed to load ldlinux.c32

#2 Post by jmgibson1981 »

filename "/pxelinux.0";
Is what I have on my pxe boot server at home. Works for me.

Also I don't think ISC-DHCP-Server works as a TFTP server. For me I had to install tftpd-hpa.