buster fails to detect network

Help with issues regarding installation of Debian

buster fails to detect network

Postby oldunixgeek » 2018-06-27 20:25

I have a machine I use for testing distros and such, and about a month ago I installed buster (amd64-netinst) with no problems whatsoever, but just today
it failed to detect my network. I followed the link and 'supposedly' installed the e1000e driver, but still no joy. I have stretch 9.4 running on a different
drive and it uses the e1000e. The box is all Intel, a DB85FL board with a G3260.

This is just a heads up FYI for whoever handles such a thing. (I installed stretch and upgraded to buster to get dmd/dub and rustc/cargo, so I'm happy.)

Just btw, I've run all the major distros and although openSuSE is good, I still think Debian's the best, by far. Nice work, y'all. ;)

Cheerios.
oldunixgeek

Re: buster fails to detect network

Postby debiman » 2018-06-28 10:37

oldunixgeek wrote:Iit failed to detect my network. I followed the link and 'supposedly' installed the e1000e driver, but still no joy.

this isn't really a good problem description, and thus your "heads up" doesn't really have any meaning.
please clarify:
  • what link?
  • how exactly did you install the driver and why do say "supposedly"?
  • explain "still no joy"
each point should be documented with output.

and PS: not many debian developers here on the forums.
if you're serious about wanting to help, produce a valid problem description and submit it to one of the mailing lists.

PPS: problems with debian installer & e1000e driver (that's NOT wireless, right?) rings a faint bell. i'm sure you can find something on the 'net.
debiman

Return to Installation